In 2010 Sterling Studios was awarded the ISO:
BS EN ISO 9001:2008 Specialists in Applied Arts
We are, as far as we know, the only decorative arts company in the United Kingdom to have been
awarded an ISO 9001
ISO 9001 is a family of standards for quality management systems
ISO 9001 is maintained by ISO, the International Organisation for Standardisation and is
administered by accreditation and certification bodies.
Some of the requirements in ISO 9001 include:
- The set of procedures that cover all key processes in the business
- Monitoring processes to ensure they are effective
- Keeping adequate records
- Checking output for defects, with appropriate and corrective action where necessary.
- Regularly reviewing individual processes and the quality system
- Facilitating continual improvement